The Epigenomics Core Facility at Weill Cornell is an advance genomics center that specializes in developing and providing cutting edge technologies for epigenetic and genetic profiling. Among the core expertise are methylation profiling, chromatin accessibility, single cell gene expression and extensive computational infrastructure for management, analysis and distribution of data. We are seeking a Research Specialist who will be interacting with the scientific community at Weill Cornell and advance their research projects. The responsibilities of this position will include technical support for the existing core facility resources and services, assay development, and implementation of new techniques primarily based on high-throughput sequencing assays. The Research Specialist will work with the Core Director to review and troubleshoot procedures and to maintain complete documentation for assay development, sample and process tracking, quality assessment, data return and results reporting.
- Perform experimental procedures as outlined in the core facility’s standard operating procedures.
- Perform molecular biological techniques, PCR, DNA/RNA and single cells quality control, library preparation for high throughput sequencing.
- Run automated and high throughput instrumentation, including Illumina sequencers.
- Troubleshoot assays; detect and resolve technical problems with the instruments and with samples.
- Under supervision, test and implement new protocols and optimize existing protocols.
- Organize and summarize data for group presentations and for publication.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Maintains accurate records of experimental procedures performed.
- Maintains core facility environment in orderly, operable condition.
- Operates core facility equipment.
- Experienced with automated instrumentation.
- Ability to express self concisely, accurately and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in the biological sciences, minimum 2 years relevant work experience.
- Position requires flexibility and willingness to work irregular hours and some weekends.
- Must enjoy collaborating with others, reliable, and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Attention to detail and multitasking abilities are critical.
Highly Desired Requirements
- Successful candidates are expected to have strong critical thinking as well as problem solving skills, and should be motivated to develop their scientific skills.
- Ability to work with a team in a high throughput production environment.
- Motivated to learn and optimize techniques, detail-oriented, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment of two years
Excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter, contact information (including email address) for three references, and resume to: email@example.com.